Sunday, February 19, 2017

February 19, 2017

Following is a great quote by Thomas Sowell from April 15, 2004:

"The older I get, the more I realize that arguing on the basis of facts and logic only gets you labeled as someone who is out of step with the times, if not lacking in compassion.”

 This is exactly the point I make over and over in my book, 
“MODERN-DAY LIBERALISM: Exploring the Psychological Foundations of the Disorder”.

From 2014 until the present, this predisposition has only intensified.  


It is well to mention that Thomas Sowell was a conservative thinker and writer, and he could only arrive at this point of view from how?... countless augments with the liberal left. And why do I say this? It is because liberals form the basis of their arguments on emotion (though likely distorted); and to the liberal, compassion is what?—emotion. So if you don’t agree with the liberal, you may be filled with hate and lack compassion, or so you may be accused. 

To reiterate from my book, forming conclusions and decisions based upon emotion will invariably lead to wrong if not disastrous results.
JDM 

No comments:

Post a Comment